Sunday, March 30, 2008

Casey is ENGAGED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Yes, you are reading that correctly!! My big brother, Casey, is engaged!! If any of you know my brother you are probably smiling right now!!! I have had a smile on my face since last Sunday when Casey called us to tell us he had asked Elizabeth's dad for his blessing. It all happened so fast. When I asked Casey when he quickly responded "this week". We all jumped into action and helped him get the ring and got all of the little details for the proposal in order. It all happened Thursday night with my mom, nieces, Isabelle, Calli Ann and Elizabeth's parents. Casey took Elizabeth out for a nice dinner while she thought we had the girls eating pizza. To her surprise we were all behind a curtain waiting for the waiter to tell us it was time. Isabelle took daffodils and the ring out and surprised Elizabeth. Casey got on his knee and asked her to marry him. And she said "YES". She didn't even know her parents or my mom were there so they made it even more special. Some of us made a toast and then ate a wonderful meal at John's in downtown Birmingham!!! The wedding is set for May 31st in Florence, AL. We are so blessed by God for the way He has orchestrated everything even down to the smallest little detail. I have never in my life seen Casey as happy as he was on Thursday. I have been praying for Casey's wife for many years and all I could say was Praise the Lord for His wonderful works. We love you Elizabeth and Isabelle! We are all so excited and cannot wait for the big day!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So excited for them...and I have a smile on face too! And tears...

Joanna said...

Hallelujah! Ditto what Elizabeth says.... please pass on our excitement to Casey :)

Molly said...

I am so excited for them. Can't wait to meet her. I hope the Wilson/McGhee/Giddens get togethers aren't too much for her. :)

Julee H. Nappier said...

How about that! Go Casey!(:

Kelley Brown said...

YAY!!! I am definitely smiling for him. Please tell Casey I said congratulations! :)