God is SO good! Our sweet baby girl gave us all a really big scare Friday night. I took her to the doctor on Friday with an unknown fever. That led us to the Diagnostic Center for a chest x-ray and blood work. That in itself was very traumatic for her and all of us having to watch the nurses poke and prod on her little body. After the chest x-ray results came back the doctor called us to tell us she had brohonclitis, not bronchitis. So we bought her a breathing machine and medicine. Around 10:00 that night our sweet family friend who is Calli Ann's main doctor called and told us to wake her up and take her to the ER because her white blood count was 39,000. I have to be honest I didn't even know what that meant but I do now. After more blood work and a cauterization they still didn't know what was wrong with her they just knew that it was a bad infection. The ER doctor gave us really bad news that it was something a lot worse off than we ever could imagine. My whole life flashed before me. I honestly didn't know what to say or do. I have never in my life been so scared. You know you love your children but you really don't realize how much you love them and how much you care for them until something like this happens to you. I was truly living a real life nightmare. I immediately called my doctor back who had been so amazing to us and my sweet baby girl because I had to hear his voice to tell me what was wrong and what we needed to do next. He informed me that it wasn't cancer and that he really thought it was a really bad infection. We were admitted into the hospital for Calli Ann to be watched throughout the night. The next morning they took her blood again and the Lord was so good and her numbers were lowered a little so that showed us more that the shot of antibiotic was working and it really was an infection. Our doctor came later yesterday morning to tell us again in person that he really thought it was a UTI and that she was ok. He wanted to check her sample later yesterday morning to confirm his findings and that is what she has. I would have that any day and can deal with whatever. I am just so grateful it isn't the other. The love, prayers and support that we have been blessed with is incredible and I cannot thank everyone enough for all you did. Please continue to pray for Calli Ann this week as we have to go sometime this week for an ultrasound and another test to determine if she has kidney reflux. If it is that I know that there is so much that can be done to help her. There have been many times where all I know to do is pray but this was a time where God truly came to me and gave me a peace I could never even describe. I cannot imagine my life without our Jesus and the hope that He gave me that night and these past few days. I know that whatever God throws our way we can handle it with the Hope He gives us. But as I woke last night to Calli Ann talking in her bed tears streamed down my face and my heart was SO grateful to Him for what he has done for us. It really gave me a whole new perspective on life and my need for Jesus. You have to have Him in the good and the bad. Without Him I am nothing. We love you all and thank you all from the bottom of my soul for ALL the prayers and love we have received. Here are a few pics of CA in her little gown. By the end of the day yesterday we knew she was feeling better because her smile was back.
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Praise God for His wonderful blessings!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
15 comments:
Oh, Ginger, I am so glad she's feeling better! I will keep praying for her to heal and yall to have continued peace-if there is ANYTHING I can do please let me know! Mag
Prayers, prayers and more prayers coming you way. Let us know if we can help in any way...God is SO good!!!
Bless all of yall!!!! I cannot imagine! Love yall and sweet CA!
Thank God she is ok. I am a complete believer in prayer and I'm sure you had lots through this horrible ordeal. I'm so glad she is healthy and strong. Oh, and also BEAUTIFUL!(:
Precious Stephens family, I teared up as I read what you have gone through. I cannot fathom. Praise the Lord for His faithfulness, and we will be continuing to pray as this resolves. We love y'all!!!!
Thank the Lord for false alarms! We were talking about y'all Sunday morning, and the Alversons let us know that things seemed to be looking up. We continue to keep sweet CA in our prayers as well as you and Aaron.
Sweet Ginger - I am so proud of you and the way your heart is tied to the Lord's. To place your loved ones in the Lord's hands and not our own is the greatest surrender. YOU are precious in HIS sight and I love you so.
Emily Dykes Goolsby
Ginger, I am so glad things are not as bad as originally thought. I will pray for Calli Ann's health and for strength for you and your husband. Let us know if there is anything else we can do for you! All of us at AEEC love you!
Girl! I hate I haven't called sooner. I want you to know the second that I heard yall were in the hospital, I was knocking down Heaven's gates for Calli Ann. About 10 minutes later we got the text from Aaron that everything was ok. I said, God, I believe that is the fastest prayer you've ever answered me! :) So thankful!! Being in that stinkin ped's hospital room is a very vulnerable, hard place to be (we know!). Love you!!
Blessings to your sweet baby and you and Aaron as well! My heart and prayers go out to you!
Ginger- I really should have called you. Claire hadn an UTI about 2 months ago. We really lucked up because we took her in for a fever and they just happen to check her urine...of course they had to cath her, but they found it right away.
We did have to do the dye test and ultrasound...which wasn't fun, BUT everything is fine.
I have laid off the bubble baths though...you never know!(:
Happy birthday to Calli Ann!!! Precious girl...
Ginger,
Calli Ann is in my prayers. I'm so glad she is ok and feeling better.
I am so glad Callie Ann is doing better! We will continue to lift her up in prayer. She is such a precious little girl!! We love you all!
Time for another blog entry....it has been over 2 months!
Post a Comment