Monday, June 2, 2008

Wedding!!!




Well the wedding has come and gone! I cannot believe that it has already happened. It was an amazing weekend and everything was great! I have never in my life seen Casey as happy as he was on Saturday. It brought so much joy to my heart to see him this happy. Elizabeth was a radiant bride and we are so glad she and Isabelle are officially apart of our crazy family!

My mom, Calli Ann and I drove to Florence on Thursday along with 13 flower arrangements, all of our luggage and Calli Ann's toys. Thanks to Joanna for letting us borrow her "Turtle" for the car. We could have never gotten all of our things there without it Jo. Thanks so much. Thursday night we went to Elizabeth's lingerie party at her sister in laws house. She got some really cute things!! Friday was a crazy day trying to help mama with all of the rehearsal dinner plans. Everything went really smooth and I even survived my toast! I've been thinking of what I wanted to say to Casey for months and when I got up there my mind went blank and I forgot everything I was going to say. Oh well! The night ended with a party after the rehearsal dinner. It was really fun to see some familiar faces from Auburn! After all the festivities we all headed back to the Jeffery's lake house. Casey surprised us and ended up spending one last night with us. That is when it hit me that this would be the last night I ever have Casey all to ourselves. So many people asked if I was sad but I'm not sad just sentimental with having to share my big brother with someone else forever but after getting over being selfish I am more happy and filled with joy for Casey and Elizabeth. Saturday started off early because we had to be at the church around 8:30. We took tons of pics and hung out until noon! The ceremony was wonderful and was so precious. I was so honored to be able to stand by them on Saturday. After the wedding Elizabeth's parents held a beautiful reception. After all the festivities they left for Ross Bridge in Birmingham and then flew out yesterday to Canada for the week. I honestly cannot believe that everything is over. I know it will be a day I hold close to my heart forever. There is nothing like seeing your big brother get married. Casey I love you and I'm so happy for you. Liz welcome to the family we love you and thanks for making Casey one of the happiest men in the world. I will continue to pray for y'all and look forward to making many new memories with you!

I am at the beach now and will update later. Calli Ann loved the beach today. Hope everyone has a great week!! Sorry this post is so long. I would've made it longer but thought I would spare you all with the details!!!!



post signature

5 comments:

thebarronfam said...

Everyone looked so beautiful...you, Calli Ann and your mom! I know you all had lots of fun. What a special day!

The Rouse Family said...

What a day to remember! Everything looked like a fairytale. :)

Joanna said...

We miss you and are ready for you guys to get back from the beach!!! The wedding looked beautiful and more than anything, Casey and Elizabeth look so in love. I couldn't be happier for anyone else! So glad the turtle worked for you and Pitty Pat:)

Julee H. Nappier said...

Congrats to Casey...it's about darn time!(:

Anonymous said...

Time for a new post, Ginger!